Thursday, July 9, 2009

Homestay, day 1

Hey everyone, Colin here. I am currently writing this while sitting in my bed in a hot, un-air-conditioned room at my homestay in Valencia, Spain. I won't be able to post this until tomorrow due to no internet, but I will record my thoughts now nonetheless.

Today was a 5+ hour drive interrupted by a two hour stop at a farm in Spain where they have a vineyard, groves of olive trees, but most importantly, is a breeding center for bulls. And not just any bulls, they breed the kid you see in the ring with the matadors. Very cool place! We ate lunch there, then were back on the road. here's some pics














After long hours on the road (Kona and I watched a movie, then slept) we finally arrived in Valencia and met hour host families. Mine are a nice older couple who live in an apartment 7 levels up. At this point, I honestly don't know more then that :)
I'm not sure about Konas, and I may not even see her until the 3 days are up. Then again, I hear my homestay group ( I'm with two other guys) may connect up with other groups. Only time will tell.

I better get to bed. Hopefully I'll have good luck with Internet tomorrow!

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment